Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Too many dolls too soon?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Does anyone else think AG has been producing too many dolls in such a short period of time? So far two new AGT's, and Elizabeth have come out and Jess may be coming out in the end of December. I personally think four dolls over the course of a year it too much to keep up with.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Queen of AG's's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2005
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that they maybe could slow it down a little bit, but I think they do it
    1)to make money.
    2)because not everyone is going to like all the dolls they put out.

    I know that there are probably around 10 AG's I want at this moment, but I can hold off on getting them all at once! In fact, I couldn't possibly get them all at once, because I only ever get American Girl dolls or outfits at Christmas and on my birthday.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last year they had 3 new AGT's, Nellie and Marisol right after Christmas - so they slowed down by one already.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To me it's too much to keep up with, but thankfully I've put a cap on AG dolls and don't want any more (probably not even Emily since she wasn't Molly's real best friend [img]mad.gif[/img] ) , so the amount of dolls they release doesn't have an impact on me. If I wanted to get them, then I would be in big trouble and very upset! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    It makes me worry they will overdo the amount of dolls, though. It can be overwhelming to consumers when a company releases too many things at once, and the catalogs seem to reflect that (even though they're lovely catalogs, they seem unorganized in the past several years).

  5. #5
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For me personally, yes. I do understand, though that American Girl is trying to appeal to everyone and having more of a variety of dolls helps. We have so many dolls right now they are starting to lose their specialness so from now on we have to choose carefully which dolls we truly want to have and which ones are just nice to look at. I think we will be putting our Marisol up for sale after she retired because neither of my daughters really cares about her and there are other dolls they would really like to have.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member wildpony's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone else think AG has been producing too many dolls in such a short period of time? So far two new AGT's, and Elizabeth have come out and Jess may be coming out in the end of December. I personally think four dolls over the course of a year it too much to keep up with
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree... Its abit overwhelming [img]confused.gif[/img] But i guess AG wants everybody to like/want one of the new dolls, and not every one likes the same doll. I do wish they'd slow down a bit though... I want too many dolls! [img]eek.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, it's not too many in the least. I don't see why anyone thinks it is, you don't have to buy them all.

    I like that they bring out so many new dolls a year, and in different "groups." Some people just collect the historicals (so, they can get the new friend doll), and some just collect modern dolls, or even just LEs.

  8. #8
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    I haven't been involeved with them that long, but I don't think 4 or 5 dolls per year is to much. But I am still undernourished, with only 4 dolls (1 on the way) Ug, that sounded greedy didn't it? [img]eek.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It seems to me that AG wants everyone to get every doll. Marisol is only here to December, so people will feel pressured for her. They also promote the best friends dolls so much, that most people will want Lissie and Lizzie together and/or Sam and Nellie together. I do wish they'd slow down and concentrate on new outfits for some of the historicals. And I don't want some of the best outfits retired either!

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They have come out with alot of dolls this year.I iwhs they had a policy of one doll a year.So far since November I have gotten 8 dolls!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •